After long years of labor on behalf of the Drupal community, Drupal 8 has been finally released!
Drupal 8 is built upon a better architecture, having Symfony as it's basis, and has tons of improvements in different areas, such as:
- Content Editing - in-place editing.
- Caching - more flixible and powerful selective caching.
- Architecture - pluggable OOP-friendly architecture.
- Theming - more powerful and themer-friendly theme layer based on Twig templating engine.
- More recent and cool front end and back end libraries.
- More of the commonly used modules in core.
- Good out-of the box support for the modern trends, such as responsive design, headless (REST) support, and HTML5 / CCS3 friendliness.
- Improved thorough localization support.
- Configuration export/import support.
- And much-much more!